Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hawaii






December 25th, 2010 Saturday Honolulu, Oahu.
Melakinikiaka--Merry Christmas in Hawaiian!
I woke up to a Christmas package from Santa Babs. She got me a set of children's story books on DVD. We ate breakfast and then we got our suitcases to get off the ship. It was hard getting all of our suitcases outside to the taxi line. Mom kept dropping her luggage and people were helping her get along. We had to stand in a long, hot line to wait for a taxi. We finally got one and he drove us to Enterprise Rental Cars by the airport. We drove to our hotel called Waikiki Ahona(family) West. We had to wait 3 hours to check in, so we left our luggage, went shopping and then ate lunch at Chili's which is connected to the hotel. After we checked in, Barbara and I got in our swimming suits and walked a few blocks to the Waikiki Beach, were we joined hundreds of others swimming in the Pacific Ocean. We started walking out in the water. Someone told us we could walk out 1/2 mile and the water would still be waist deep. So, we started walking out, just to be deterred by lots and lots of big lava rocks. I kept stubbing my toes, so I stopped walking and went back to the shore to sit. Barbara walked out quite a way before she was turned back by the rocks. The rest of the day, we walked around in downtown Waikiki. Every place we went was open. We went to lots of gift shops. We even found a marketplace across from our hotel that had tons of little stands selling lei's, jewelry, sarongs, clothing and lots of different souvenirs. We had dinner at Burger King, showered and went to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've touched the Pacific ocean since I was a toddler. You girls are too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete